Online motivation video process
Please read the below before you get started with your video recording.
Why a motivation video?
We are interested in getting to know YOU better and what drives you to beVisioneers! Just be yourself and share about your project idea with us, that’s enough :)
When to record your video?
After you submit your application, you will receive a notification email inviting you to record your motivation video. Please record it before the application deadline on March 5th at 23:59:59 Central European Time.
Where to record your video?
Your motivation video will be recorded directly on this application platform.
You can do this through your computer or mobile phone, on a supported browser.
Currently, the recording can only be completed in the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Android browser or Opera. Recording in IE, Edge, Safari or iPhone/iPad unfortunately cannot be supported.
Your recording process step by step:
1. Go to the section of your application platform dedicated to the recording of your motivation video: you will be sent a link to access it after you submit your application.
Kindly note that your application platform refers to “Interviews” for the motivation video section. At this stage, you will only record a video of yourself on the platform. Later on in the admissions process, you might be invited to an online interview where you speak to beVisioneers admissions team members. It won’t be the case as of now. See the admissions timeline
2. Click on “Start the interview”.
3. Set up webcam: confirm that you can see yourself in the camera.
4. Practice recording: make a practice recording to confirm that everything is working perfectly. When you are comfortable, start the recording process. You can then speak for up to 20 seconds and review the footage afterwards. You can do this as many times as you wish, adjusting your microphone or camera setup until you are happy with the result. Practice recordings are never uploaded anywhere and will be discarded immediately after you leave this page.
5. Ready?: everything is good to go. On the next page you will record your motivation video in a similar way as you did for the practice recording. You can start the video when you are comfortable.
Note: there is only one question for you to answer.
6. Record your answer
Your question is: “Why are you inspired to develop your project with beVisioneers: The Mercedes-Benz Fellowship? How will it help you bring your environmental idea to life?”
Start recording when you are ready.
You will have up to 90 seconds to record your answer.
Recording starts automatically 120 seconds after you open this page.
7. Review the recording: you will have the possibility to review your recording and try again if you wish to.
You will have 5 attempts maximum to make a successful recording.
Please note that when you click “Next question”, your recording will be submitted definitely with no possibility to record your video again. After this, you won’t be able to see your recording anymore.
8. All done! All your answers have been uploaded and the motivation video process is complete.
After you finish recording your video, you will notice that the ”Interviews” section of the application platform will disappear from your left menu. It means that you have successfully uploaded the motivation video and your application is complete.
Please note that candidates who do not record a motivation video will not be considered.
Bonus: Tips for your video recording :)
Tip 1: Be yourself!
Not a native English speaker? Don’t worry! We are interested in your idea and your motivation above all!
Also, no need for fancy clothes or background for your video. We just want to be able to hear and see you.
Tip 2: Show us why you care
We are looking for applicants who really understand the environmental challenge they’re trying to tackle and why they’re so passionate about it.
Tip 3: Express your idea clearly
Go to the point and share your ideas in an articulate way.
10 Jan 2023